In an instant, a serious car accident can reshape your life. What’s more, if you are left unable to work and earn the money you need to support your family, the consequences of the accident can be far-reaching.
Fortunately, if you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Atlanta, Georgia, you may be entitled to file a car accident claim to secure compensation for the injuries and losses you have sustained. While insurance companies may suggest otherwise, enlisting the assistance of a skilled Atlanta car accident lawyer, like those at Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates, could be essential to receive all the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates | Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers
At Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates, we are devoted to providing personalized care and dedicated representation to victims of car accident injuries in Atlanta. We vigorously defend our clients against unjust insurance company practices to secure the highest compensation possible for our client’s car accident claims.
Our Atlanta car accident attorneys possess the experience required to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients and to aid in their physical and financial recovery after a devastating car accident. Let us leverage our experience to your advantage and achieve the results you deserve.
We offer a free case evaluation and only charge a fee if and when we win compensation for you. Contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates today at 770-865-8654 to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer in Atlanta.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Atlanta Car Accident Claim?
After being involved in a car accident, particularly one resulting in severe injuries or substantial property damage, it is important to hire an experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer to protect your rights and interests. In fact, you should avoid making any statements or signing any documents pertaining to the accident until you have first consulted with a qualified Atlanta personal injury lawyer.
Being represented by a skilled car accident lawyer can significantly increase your chances of obtaining rightful compensation. Beyond your medical expenses and lost wages, our car accident lawyers in Atlanta can assist in negotiating compensation for the damage to your vehicle, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
Furthermore, hiring a skilled car accident attorney becomes crucial if you share partial responsibility for the accident. Georgia car accident claims follow the rule of comparative negligence, meaning damages can only be recovered if you are less than 50% at fault for the accident. Additionally, your recoverable damages will be diminished by your own percentage of fault.
How an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
A car accident lawyer in Atlanta specializes in helping those who have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence to recover compensation for their injuries and related losses. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers aim to secure the compensation needed for our clients to recover both physically, emotionally, and financially after a serious car accident. This typically involves performing the following tasks:
- Assessing the merits of your car accident case and ascertaining its value
- Notifying the liable insurance companies about your claim
- Ensuring you receive the medical care you require
- Gathering your medical records and other documentation
- Collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining the police report and first responder records
- Leveraging our knowledge for a favorable settlement
- Representing you in court if a favorable settlement cannot be reached
Compensation for Car Accidents in Atlanta, Georgia
Every Georgia driver must possess a minimum amount of auto insurance, including at least $25,000 in bodily injury coverage per person and $50,000 per incident, as well as $25,000 in property damage coverage per incident.
If you were injured as a result of a driver’s negligence or recklessness, you have a right to pursue an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s auto insurance carrier.
If your injuries and losses are greater than the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage, you have a right to sue the at-fault driver for compensation from their personal assets.
Typical damages that may be recovered in an Atlanta car accident case include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and future income loss
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death benefits in cases resulting in fatality
The laws governing compensation for damages sustained in a car accident in Georgia can be complicated for those unacquainted with the law or the claims process. A skilled Atlanta car accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and responsibilities under the law, and ensure you recover the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Atlanta
After being involved in an Atlanta car accident, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights and ability to secure compensation for your damages. These steps are as follows:
- Check yourself, your passengers, and others involved in the accident for injuries, and call 911 if needed.
- If possible, move your car to safety without leaving the scene of the accident.
- Refrain from admitting fault, and call the police to request that an officer come and prepare an accident report.
- Gather information, including the names, insurance details, and contact information for the other driver involved, the names and contacts of eyewitnesses, and the police report number.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident, the damage to the vehicles involved, and your injuries
- If you are not taken to the emergency room from the scene of the accident, seek medical attention soon after, even if you have no apparent injuries.
- Contact an experienced Atlanta car accident attorney to help you protect your rights and navigate the claims process.
Contact Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates | Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, getting a qualified Atlanta car accident lawyer involved as soon as possible is of the utmost importance. Your car accident attorney will protect you from doing or saying things that can jeopardize your eligibility for compensation, and protect you from the liable insurance company’s unfair tactics.
At Julie A. Rice, Attorney At Law, & Affiliates, we pride ourselves on informing and educating our clients about their legal rights and options, allowing them to make well-informed decisions for themselves and their families. We remain accessible to answer any questions throughout the claims process and guarantee prompt responses.
Reach out to us today at 770-865-8654 or visit our contact page for a free consultation with a skilled Atlanta car accident lawyer. We charge no fee unless we recover compensation on your behalf.