What Causes Head-On Collisions?
The studies have shown that there are many reasons for these types of collisions and have broken causation down to the following:
- Recognition errors are errors such as not paying attention, being distracted by something in your car or outside of your car, and surveillance that was not adequate;
- Decision errors, such as false assumption of others actions, driving too quickly for conditions, illegal maneuver and misjudgment of gap or another person’s speed;
- Performance error, such as overcompensation and poor directional control;
- Non-performance error, such as falling asleep at the wheel or having a heart attack;
- Other driver-attributed error where the other driver made one or more of the mistakes covered here; and
- Environmental reasons, such as fog, rain, snow, and ice.
Your chances of having a head-on collision are reduced greatly as you use safety precautions. There is much supporting data and research that concludes that a death from a motor vehicle accident occurred due to the lack of safety belts being worn so make sure that everyone in the vehicle buckles up.
To date, there are two types of tests conducted to determine the safety and likely hood of survival from a head on collision. These tests are called the Moderate Overlap Frontal Test and the Small Overlap Frontal Test. With these tests, and others, the durability of a vehicle is tested in a controlled environment. The more durable a vehicle after rigorous testing, the greater the chance that persons inside that vehicle will survive a head-on collision.
At Julie A. Rice, Attorney at Law, & Affiliates our Lawyers are experts and have success representing thousands of people and families who have suffered because of motor vehicle accidents in Cobb County, Fulton County, Cherokee County, DeKalb County, Gwinnett County, and in the cities of Marietta, Atlanta, Decatur, Canton and Lawrenceville. If you have been injured due to another driver’s negligence or if a loved one has been tragically killed then contact us immediately for your free legal consultation by phone at 770-865-8654, or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you and getting you all of the just compensation that you deserve!